"Your food shall be your medicine and your medicine shall be your food." - Hippocrates
Nutrition is necessary to support body growth and repair, and to sustain metabolism. Your body function cannot be maintained and even your genetic potential cannot be fully expressed without necessary nutrients. Dietary recommendations are the foundation of clinical nutrition, but you may need supplementation also.
Primary Rules of Diet
Eat foods as close to their whole, natural, and unrefined state whenever possible
Eat 50-75% of your diet
There are many factors that lead to the need for supplements to the diet: pollution, stress, processing of foods and food additives, as well as foods grown on depleted soils. Very specific counseling regarding your unique dietary needs complement supplementation.
Reasons For Using Supplementation To Diet
- Nutrients missing from diet (refined foods, store bought foods)
- Exposure to chemicals, allergens, or infectious agents in environment
- Remedial nutrition to restore reserves of nutrient
- Saturation of nutrients essential for healing from an illness
- Using nutrients to offset or compensate for genetic errors of metabolism
Clinical nutrition recommendations are determined by integrating information from your health history, exam findings, lab findings, and applied kinesiology testing.